Project examples and results below:
- Developed an assessment of people (org), processes and systems at a multi-channel wholesaler which included actions for developing a senior team, improving access to data and cross-functional business process improvement.
- Conducted a comprehensive assessment - P & L focused - of the bricks and mortar business at two multichannel retailers. The assessment evolved into a project plan to implement improvements - (see below).
- Developed an in depth assessment of the merchandising and marketing functions at several e-commerce retailers which included a project plans which successfully steered evolution.
- Partnered with senior management to develop an assessment of the business planning and management functions in a multiple brand, midsize catalog company. As a result, successful changes in business planning processes, business unit teams, organizational evolution and systems all improved productivity.
STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLANNING
- Partnered with Founder to develop (and educate) a business plan which led to the successful launch of a new e-commerce concept.
- Led CEO and senior leadership team in developing a company wide strategic business plan for a mid-size multi-channel retailer. The plan was utilized with both the internal management team and the Board of Directors to achieve profitability.
- Developed a business plan for bricks and mortar at a hardgoods manufacturing company. The plan led to the successful decision to put the project "on hold."
- Developed a new product line at a high growth wholesaler while coaching and implementing best practices enabling continued and profitable growth of the Brand.
- Restructured and implemented the merchandising function from all aspects: buying, forecasting, creative execution, marketing and inventory management at a hyper-growth e-commerce company. Implementation was complete in time for Q4. Sales and margin were above expectations.
- Developed and implemented new merchandise strategies and assortment planning at a large and small wholesaler, two multi-channel retailers and a large cataloger - all led to increased productivity.
- Following a comprehensive assessment, evolved the merchandising strategy at two e-commerce retailers increasing profitability.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTIVE COACHING
- Worked alongside senior leaders at two mid-sized wholesale companies and two mid-sized e-commerce companies to build out their senior leadership teams.
- Provided coaching to senior individuals looking to advance and evolve their careers.
- Developed a comprehensive curriculum design for a super high growth retailer which included Design, Merchandising and Planning functions.
- Implemented effective cross-functional teams by brand at a catalog company, increasing productivity.
- Successfully evolved a procurement department into a demand planning and inventory management department, increasing efficiency of the team for a high-growth wholesaler.
- Provided general retail, business planning and management expertise, along with priority-setting to an entrepreneurial president and CEO. The online retailer grew from $3 million to $50 million in a tough economic climate.
BUSINESS PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive cross-functional business planning and management process for pre-season, in-season and post-season milestones at a small wholesaler, larger retailer, mid-sized retailer, and large catalog company, increasing productivity and profitability.
- Defined and developed key metrics and successfully incorporated them into the business planning and management processes at an online retailer and large catalog company.
- DEMAND PLANNING AND FORECASTING SOLUTIONS
- Reduced total company forecast error to five percent and reduced year end inventory to 50 percent of prior year by developing and implementing a cross-functional “tops-down, bottoms-up” forecasting process and reporting at a high-growth wholesaler and several e-commerce companies.
INVENTORY MANAGMENT SOLUTIONS
- Implemented “tops-down, bottoms-up” forecasting process and inventory management tools at a multi-brand cataloger, European wholesaler, small retailer and an e-commerce company, reducing inventory levels and excess inventory immediately. Reduced inventory by 25 percent in 90 days in one example.
- Successfully led the vendor selection process for a new merchandise planning system at a midsize multi-brand cataloger, large global wholesaler, and large multi-channel retailer.